Transferring your podcast to Podigee (podcast import)
How does a podcast transfer work?
We'll take care of a smooth and safe podcast transfer from your previous host to Podigee.
You will not lose any listeners, and your podcast will remain available on iTunes (including ratings).
If you're already on Spotify, we can easily transfer your podcast to us as well.
Attention Soundcloud users: It is possible, that your podcast feed doesn't contain all your episodes, since Soundcloud does not add tracks to the feed if you not explicitly activated that feature. You can check if the feed contains all the episodes here (best viewed in Chrome or Firefox, search for <title> in the RSS-Feed-Text and check if any or the newest episode is listed): http://www.getrssfeed.com
If no episode is listed, please follow thees instructions: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003451347-Adding-tracks-to-your-RSS-feed
A podcast import usually takes 1-2 working days.
How can I request a podcast transfer?
First, if you haven't already, you should create a new user account. You can do that here: https://app.podigee.com/en/register
Next, you'll find the "Import existing podcast" button on your start page after logging in.
After clicking the button, you'll find a form to request a podcast transfer to Podigee.
Use http://www.getrssfeed.com for getting your feed url. Just put in your user url (example: https://soundcloud.com/user-XXXX) and your will receive the real feed url.
A Soundcloud Feed-Url looks like this: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:XXX/sounds.rss/
If you have several podcasts, you can transfer them as well. Just request the first one, then you'll be able to request more transfers.
Sadly, we are not able to transfer selected playlists as podcasts from Soundcloud, only whole accounts.
After the data import
Redirecting your old feed to Podigee
Your Podigee feed will always end with a /mp3, e.g:
This is the URL that you need to add as a redirect target on your old hoster.
You'll find the instructions here: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003564088-Redirecting-your-SoundCloud-RSS-feed-to-another-host
Redirect your feed in Libsyn
- Log in to your Libsyn account.
- In the top menu choose Destinations > Edit or View Existing
- Under ‘All Destinations’ you should see the name of your podcast. Click the Edit button.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click Advanced Options.
- You’ll see a place to “Redirect Feed to this Web Address.” Enter or paste your feed URL here. Hit the Save button.
Follow this guide; https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/9-transfer-away-from-buzzsprout
- Go to your show’s page and click on the Edit icon.
- Click on RSS Feed Customization in the right-hand menu available.
- Scroll down to the bottom to where it says RSS Feed Redirect. There you can enable the feature, and copy and paste the RSS feed link that you want your feed redirected to. Just keep in mind that by switching to Enabled, you’ll no longer be able modify your RSS Feed.