The Podigee Podcast Player
A modern Podcast Player. For Websites. From Podigee
You can set up the player for your podcast under "Podcast" -> "Web-Player".
Embedding on external websites
You can either embed the player for the entire podcast (optional with a playlist with all episodes) or per episode.
Data Protection / GDPR
The Podigee player is 100% GDPR compliant and the used social media links are pure links and do not set cookies or communicate with external services without user interaction.
Wordpress.com (the cloud version of WordPress, own installations work without any problems)
Wix.com - use the simple embed code for this
We recommend not to include more than 25 web players on a single HTML page. For security reasons, the number of accesses from a browser per second is limited. If more than 25 web players are included, this limit may be reached and some players may not be displayed correctly.
When using a script blocker on your computer, the player may be not loaded. In this case, extending the list of permitted domain(s) in the script blocker to include the entries "*.podigee.io" and "*.podigee.com" will fix the situation and should ensure that the player is displayed correctly.
If you want to use your own podcast player
- the player should not implement any autoplay
- make sure that the player does not pre-load any audio data unless the visitor clearly intended to play the podcast episode
- use the provided audio URL as is and do not manipulate or add any parameters
- do not cache the audio content on your servers
- ask for the entire file in one go, if you want to start a full download. Ask for the file in slices (byte range) for a progressive download. This way a full download can be distinguished from a progressive download
- use the GUID - as opposed to episode URL, title, publication date, etc. - to identify new episodes in the RSS. The GUID is designed to be persistent through changes to the hosting environment, titles, etc.
- employ an “automatic download unsubscribe” behavior (e.g. - stop auto downloads after 5 episodes of non-listens)
- do not automatically download all episodes (e.g. back catalog episodes) by default. This creates an unnecessary drain on our servers and consumes users’ bandwidth